Monday 16 September 2013

chapter X - tired of BS

This past year went on "fine". I would pay for everything, he would pay me back from time to time. Josh reached August owing me 700 dollars - money he couldn't pay me on time and accumulated for the next month. 

This situation started to grow on me by April or so - I felt exploited. His promised 800 dollars a month never came, he would have 400 hundred at the most, while still living "large" and going out and having dinner.. all on me. I say living "large" because Josh isn't a guy with expensive tastes. He doesn't go on buying clothes or drinking his money away. The only thing that is obviously above him is his new taste for body building.

Yeah, after the whole soccer thing went to hell (because of the "female friend" and also because one of the guys from the group slept with another one's girl - a really nice croud as you can see), he started pumping iron at the gym. His body looks great, that's for sure, and maybe that's why I still love him after all of this, because all my exs were fat and ugly as shit. But he spends lots of money on supplements like whey protein and whatnot... fortunatelly no steroids - he has considered it, but it's just too dangerous.. and too expensive. 

Supplements and food - those are his too main expenses. He doesn't spend money at the gym because he works out at his grandmother's garage (he built a small gym there). He does like 5 meals a day, all meat, and of course that becomes more than he can spend.

Anyway, after numerous fights because the money wasn't coming in steadily, we decided it was time to change things. I decided I wouldn't pay for anything from that moment on - he would have to pay for everything he needed, without my help. Food, gas, bills, all split in half. He didn't take it well, of course. I don't know what goes on in his mind to even think he has the right to disagree, but he did. 

But I kept my ground, I had to... or else we would live this lie forever. He would never realise how little he really earns at the tables and how miserable his life is... now it's all hitting him, hard. And it's been a tough ride, so tough that I consider breaking up just not to be forced to witness his despair: knowing he won't go anywhere playing poker, but not being able to accept it and make a real change in his life. He's like.. paralyzed. And it's a horrible thing to see, night after night screaming at his computer when he looses a hand, hours at the (virtual) tables to make a miserable 40 bucks, if he's lucky... I will tell you all about how it is to live like this in my next posts.

Now you know my story and I'm hoping you can open up and share yours with me.

Do it on the comments section or email me at wivesofpoker@gmail.com.

Keep sane 

xoxo
Andrea

10 comments:

  1. damm, r u sure u arent married to TBC. WTF,girl. this sounds like TBC but without the autism b.s. i like how all these pro CANT make money at poker.TBC going back to ks and to his moms back on the govt gravy train with a kid ,he doesnt support. and yr situation , i cant even understand. all i know he must b the shit in the sack , i guess.gl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this guy repeats constantly on every website about my "kid" and never ever seems to understand the kid is an adult, over 21, just like me.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha yeah he is good in the sack, I'll give you that. But no, he isn't TBC...that guy sounds like he's in trouble too though! Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
    3. LMAO.i knew it. sex has got to worth something, huh. @ tony well u r an adult and yr mommmy is taking care of u ,right?

      Delete
    4. Tony you've never taken care of your kid so him being over 21 now changes nothing. The point is you've never been a father to him whatsoever.

      Delete
  2. i find ur blog quite interesting, heard about it from Grouchie, so i decided to add it to my blogroll column off on the right hand side of my page that lists a lot of interesting blogs by others (free advertising for u--check it out, look and see, u will find urself now listed)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is Josh anyone i know and play poker with in vegas, or are u? whats his screen names on UP? bovada of course dont have screen names. I'm not doing well either lately (blog will show that) and id be happy if i got $40 a day, Josh seems to be quite lucky he has u in his life. are u and him married? ive only read this one entry so far, so dont be surprised if i seem dumb on this comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tony :) I'm going to add you too. Well... no Josh isn't anyone you know, I'm pretty sure of that because we're not in the USA. He only plays online poker, first he used Full Tilt and then moved to Poker Stars. We're not married, but been living together for a little under 3 years, so.. I feel like we're married. I appreciate your comments and hope your luck changes soon!

      Delete
    2. dumb this loser, girl. i know the sex is good but a vibrator is cheaper.just a question,girl. what made u believe he was capable of making a paycheck from poker? did he have withdraw and deposit invoices?or did he just have a good run and declare he was a pro?

      Delete

Share your stories or simply your thoughts!